About EmpiriTag Widget
EmpiriTag Widget is Flash-based tag cloud designed in form of 3D drum. It is a plugin for Wordpress blogs. Comparing to a regular tag cloud EmpiriTag Widget is more effective and playful. Visitor of your blog won't pass by!
|Version||Updated||WP Version||Compatibility||File size|
|1.0||2009/11/11||2.3 or higher||up to 2.8.5||78.0 Kb||Download >>|
- Make sure you're running WordPress version 2.3 or better.
- Download the zip file and extract its contents ('empiritag' folder) to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the 'plugins' page in WP admin panel.
- Use 'Options->Empiritag' page to adjust parameters.
To display the tag drum, you have an alternative:
- Add [empiritag-insert-code] stub anywhere in the content of a page or post. This stub will be replaced by the flash movie when viewing the page.
- Add <?php emptag_add_code(); ?> code anywhere in your theme to display the flash drum. This can be used to add EmpitiTag widget to your sidebar. Check that your sidebar is wide enough to keep the tags readable.
After installing widget on your wordpress site, you'll have access to pretty large amount of settings. Vary drum width and height, rotation speed, choose appropriate colors, show or hide widget controls and more!
The flash drum will assume almost any dimensions you give it. Notice that making it too small will likely make tags unreadable for visitors of your site.
Adjust tags color by typing the hexadecimal color value in the proper form on the Empiritag options page. Color range is from absolutly black (000000) to pure white (ffffff). Notice that there must be no '#' symbol usually preceding color values in HTML.
Same option you have for background color.
Special controls allow you to change the speed of the drum and direction of rotation. You can set default rotation speed in percents to original (100 value).
Both controls may be hidden or visible thus providng full control flash movie or, on contrary, small sidebar widget.
You can show not only post tags of your blog but also categories or both mixed together. Clicking a tag on the drum will open corresponding tag or category overview page depending on what is shown.